My Before & After Thus Far

My Before & After Thus Far
Results of past 10 years

Monday, November 1, 2010

I've Been MIA - But I Am Back

I haven't been following my one year plan or working on the things I wanted to work on, so I've been radio silent on this blog. Life has a way of getting in the way and I let it. A good friend got diagnosed with Cancer, I went on a business trip to Las Vegas, visited with family (which is complicated), it was Halloween....you name it and I used plenty of reasons why it was ok not to be taking care of myself or focused on my goals.

Well, I am tired of not making myself a priority and I've decided to get back on the horse. First goal is to stop consuming sugar. I've been eating sugary crap WAY TOO MUCH and am clearly addicted. I don't even like the way my body feels after eating sugar, but I've been doing it anyway. So, I am currently on day one of going cold turkey.

Once I get the sugar consumption under my belt, I am going to focus on eating only complex carbohydrates and in smaller quantities. My body feels great when I do this, I sleep better and all is in harmony. I need to get back on track!

Food has always been a complicated part of my life and I really want to get back some semblance of balance!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jillian. First, I'm very sorry to hear about your friend. I hope he/she is going to be ok. Second, congratulations on not giving up and coming back to your blog. I've missed you! Even if you're having a bad day, it's good to come here and talk about it. We can support each other. xo

    ReplyDelete