My Before & After Thus Far

My Before & After Thus Far
Results of past 10 years

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Some Good, Some Improvement Needed

I've been working on my goals and I'm doing good on some and others need great improvement (trying to be gentle with myself).

Meditation isn't going well. I need to find a set time to do it when I am not tired and just end up falling asleep. I know the benefit of being able to get quiet and just be with yourself. I've always had positive outcomes when I've managed to do it. I will make more of an effort.

I've been working out really hard and my Pilate's instructor has really kicked up my exercises a notch, so I am feeling sore in places I haven't in a while and feeling physically tired. Both of which are good things. I've also made progress on working towards my teaching certification, training a few people this week. I also finally bought some index cards so I can create my own anatomy flash cards in hopes it will help keep the information in my brain. The anatomy coloring books alone aren't enough.

Working on negative thoughts is an ongoing process, but I do catch myself frequently throughout the week stopping myself from negative thought patterns and re-directing myself. I've also noticed that the negative thought patterns are always around family members. My family dynamics are complicated. I've always been the odd man out being the only person in my family that is introspective, analytical and always striving to better myself. My family thinks that I am "different." :-) I wouldn't change me for anything, but feeling odd man out can be a challenge.

On a completely different subject, I was recently published in Pilates Style magazine and my Pilates instructor added the article to her website today. I really like the write up she did about it because Pilates Style magazine really did a hatchet job on my article and made it sound like I accomplished other-worldly goals with simply participating in one class, when in fact, it was one class added to already established healthy habits. Here is the link for those that are interested.

http://exerciseindisguise.net/press.aspx

As far as the goal of trying to eat fewer simple carbohydrates is concerned, I've really sucked!! I've been stressed lately and been eating way too much sugar. I swear sugar addiction is a real thing. I eat it even though I physically feel crappy afterwards (and I know this) but the initial gratification is a strong pull. I'm not going to buy anymore sugary things for the house. It's to the point that I am getting tired of feeling icky, so I need to detox and am getting very motivated to do so.

Well, that's my progress thus far. I hope others are doing well. I've tried to become a follower of several people's blogs, but it wouldn't accept my gmail account. Not sure why. I am reading though!

Jillian

No comments:

Post a Comment